Femtosecond Laser Assisted Cataract Surgery (FLACS)
Femtosecond laser is the advanced technology which is been used for performing cataract surgery. This is the newest technology using CATALYS® Precision Laser System which is helpful for the patients who are looking for the cataract surgery in near future. With the use of Femtosecond, the results are more accuracy, provides maximum precision and greater safety for the patients. Narang Eye Institute is first and only eye centre in north Delhi to have laser cataract facility-CATALYS® System enabling cataract surgeon to remove cataracts easily and with good tissue preservation. With laser cataract system, Narang Eye Institute offers sophisticated laser pattern scanning technology, the surgeon is able to reduce the lens nucleus to small grid-like patterned pieces, facilitating thereby the subsequent removal of the lens nucleus.
Femtosecond – The latest technology
The femtosecond technology is the latest breakthrough in last 25 years. This Provides needle-free, blade-free and precision up to micron levels. It is capable of performing cataract surgery or lens extraction at the pin prick, delivering an edge over the existing laser surgical options.
Cataract Surgery is performed with the use of femtosecond laser technology is known as Femtosecond Bladeless Cataract Surgery, however, it is also is known as laser cataract surgery. In this new technology, the advanced femtosecond laser replaces or assists in use of a handheld surgical tool for the below mentioned steps performed in cataract surgery.
- For the corneal incision
- For anterior capsulotomy
- For lens and cataract fragmentation
The advantages of using femtosecond lens are:
- It provides real-time video imaging which is OCT integrated. This serves three dimensional view of the eye while the procedure is being performed.
- Patient friendly – as it has curved patient interface. This is designed for better patient comfort, ease of access and optimal laser performance.
- Delivering intuitive touch screen graphic user interface. With this each step of the procedure can be performed in systematic, planned and customised manner.
- Surgeon friendly – Its feature of true image guided surgical planning. Give surgeon accuracy to program the size, shape and location of each incision.
Advantages of Laser Cataract Surgery
With the help of this femtosecond laser technology the surgery can be performed with better precision, accuracy and has increased chances of reproducibility in each of the mentioned steps. Minimising the possible risks and delivering better results for the vision after laser cataract surgery.